Acadia Realty Trust is committed to the on-going development and execution of our Human Capital Plan. Our HC Plan is one that fosters team building, individual commitment, and personal growth to create a respectful workplace where our associates are treated fairly and are highly motivated to succeed.
Acadia values the importance of social engagement and personal growth - on a corporate level and an individual level. Acadia employees are encouraged to participate in company events, health initiatives and training courses.
Whether through time, effort or monetary donations, Acadia believes in nourishing the betterment of the community, both socially and environmentally. Our employees play active roles in various charitable organizations including:
- American Red Cross, AHRC Nassau, Alzheimer’s Association, Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, Chicago Lighthouse, Developmental Disabilities Institute, Delaware Humane Society, Westchester Food Bank, Greyhound Rescue Rehab, Habitat for Humanity, The Harold E. Eisenberg Foundation, Honor Flight Network, Hoving Home, K9s for Cops, Knights of Columbus, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, March of Dimes, Montefiore Hospital, New York Cares, Pathways to Graduation, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Rebuilding Together, Toys for Tots, Wheelchair Sports Federation and more.
Health & Wellness
Acadia has an active Wellness Program led by the Wellness Team. The Wellness Team is a committee consisting of varied, and diverse employees from across the company who have a particular interest in making Acadia a healthy and happy place to work. Our Wellness Program was created to encourage employees to engage in a healthy, active, lifestyle in a holistic manner.
Our wellness offerings focus on three major areas of overall wellbeing:
- MIND: Lunch and Learns, Organized Health Events
- BODY: Onsite Wellness Room, Healthy Desk Habits, Healthy Snacks, Organized Sporting Events, Fitness Classes
- SPIRIT: Open Office Culture, Support of Autonomy and Work/Life Balance, Wellness PTO
We believe education is the key to growing great employees. Acadia works to advance the lives and careers of our employees by supporting their long-term career goals, and providing a rich learning environment through:
- Summer Internship Program
- Mini Town Halls
- Tuition Assistance
- Leadership Training
- Distinguished Performance Awards
- Property Tours
- Stretch Assignments