Regional Property Manager
Location: Rye, NY
Acadia Realty Trust (NYSE:AKR) is an equity real estate investment trust focused on delivering long-term, profitable growth via its dual – core and opportunity fund – operating platforms and its disciplined, location-driven investment strategy. Acadia Realty Trust is accomplishing this goal by building a best-in-class core real estate portfolio with meaningful concentrations of assets in the nation’s most dynamic urban and street-retail corridors; making profitable opportunistic and value-add investments through its series of discretionary, institutional funds; and maintaining a strong balance sheet.
Oversee Company Real Estate Assets. Improve Property Value through Cost Management, Tenant Improvements and Operational Efficiency. Work as a Team with Construction, Leasing, Legal and Acquisitions to Expand and Improve the regional portfolio.
1. Manage day to day real estate operations for retail portfolio.
2. Maintain professional tenant relations for positive company outlook.
3. Ensure cost efficient operation of the assets while maintaining high standards of quality.
4. Prepare annual operating and major expense budgets, and review monthly P&L and variance reports.
5. Author bid documents, bid, implement and approve service contracts for maintenance, repair and improvement of assets.
6. Oversee all contractors and vendors and ensure work is being performed at acceptable levels and to agreed upon specifications.
7. Evaluate, scrutinize and approve all invoices for work performed at the property level.
8. Review building operations and safety issues for compliance with local, city and state codes. Establish open communication and favorable relationships with local municipalities and agencies.
9. Review leases for ownership and tenant responsibilities, legal information, lease specifics, etc.
10. Contact tenant representatives on the local and corporate level to enforce lease compliance and/or to troubleshoot any problematic issues that may arise.
11. Oversee support staff and ensure work timeliness and accuracy.
12. Build and maintain a cohesive team of staff, vendors and suppliers. Must be able to make difficult decisions when needed.
13. Work closely with other Acadia departments to facilitate overall company success.
14. Attend periodic ownership and partner meetings to update and present current information.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 5-7 Years Real Estate Industry, Management/Construction/Due Diligence
Travel: Required 1-2x a month
Other Skills and Training:
CSM or CPM preferred.
Mechanical and technical understanding on how to supervise basic building trades required (electrical, plumbing, fire alarm, fire sprinkler, HVAC, structural, paving, landscaping, etc.)
Must have strong customer and contractor relations skill set.
Must be comfortable in dealing with people in stressful situations and have strong supervisory skills. Must be proficient in negotiating contracts.
Position Reports To: SVP, Property Management