Assistant General Manager - City Point - A large prominent mixed use center in Downtown Brooklyn
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Acadia Realty Trust, headquartered in Rye, NY, is an equity real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on delivering long-term, profitable growth via its dual – core and fund – operating platforms and its disciplined, location-driven investment strategy. Acadia is accomplishing this goal by building a best-in-class core retail real estate portfolio with meaningful concentrations of assets in the nation’s most dynamic urban and street-retail corridors from Washington, DC to Boston as well as in Chicago and San Francisco; making profitable opportunistic and value-add investments through its series of discretionary, institutional funds; and maintaining a strong balance sheet. Founded in 1998, Acadia is a vertically-integrated organization whose investment experience includes asset repositioning and redevelopment, value-add re-leasing, recapitalization, and debt restructuring. Acadia’s shares are traded on the NYSE under the symbol AKR.
Acadia is actively seeking a full-time experienced and professional Assistant General Manager with a successful track record managing mixed use retail in an urban environment.
* The position is nights and weekends.
Key Responsibilities Include but not limited to Assisting the General Manager in all the following areas
- Oversee all aspects of the day to day operations of this 675,000 sf multi-level retail center
- Act as liaison with owners/managers of site residential components
- Oversee service & maintenance requests and repairs
- Schedule and oversee all services vendors/contracts to include daily and monthly preventative maintenance standard practices
- Perform daily inspections of site including exterior sidewalks, sub-surface loading docks, green roof, central plant, common areas, stairwells, tenant spaces, vacant spaces, equipment rooms, etc
- Ensure Life Safety Systems are maintained in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal codes and ordinances
- Take immediate corrective action to address site deficiencies
- Develop and maintain asset operating and capital budgets
- Represent ownership by creating and maintaining strong relationships with local police/fire departments, BID and the MTA
- 1-2 years experience in commercial real estate management with an emphasis on retail store and shopping center management
- Understanding of operations of building equipment including HVAC, electrical, sprinkler, fire alarm and plumbing
- Highly effective leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Outstanding community relations, security and facilities management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred