Acadia Realty Trust is an equity real estate investment trust focused on delivering long-term, profitable growth via its dual – core and fund – operating platforms and its disciplined, location-driven investment strategy. Acadia Realty Trust is accomplishing this goal by building a best-in-class core real estate portfolio with meaningful concentrations of assets in the nation’s most dynamic urban and street-retail corridors; making profitable opportunistic and value-add investments through its series of discretionary, institutional funds; and maintaining a strong balance sheet.
Acadia’s Finance and Accounting Group employs a team approach related to its accounting and reporting activities. We are currently seeking an Assistant Controller, which will be part of the accounting management group. The group is responsible for the accounting and reporting for both Acadia’s core and opportunity fund investments, which includes management, SEC and fund investor reporting.
Primary responsibilities of the team and this position include but are not limited to
- Supervise property accounting staff (including review of property workpapers)
- Supervise aspects of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close and financial reporting cycles in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinate aspects of quarterly reviews and annual audits with external auditors (including supporting schedules and addressing all inquiries and requests for information)
- Coordinate with the Capital Markets Group in preparing quarterly investor reports and addressing all investor inquiries (includes fair market valuations and return computations)
- Coordinate compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (enforcing internal controls and recommending additional procedures as needed to ensure adequate controls, policies and procedures are in place)
- Monitor debt covenant compliance and review monthly lender reporting requirements
- Minimum seven years’ public or private experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
- Real estate experience required (Retail sector experience preferred)
- Current in U.S. GAAP
- SEC reporting experience a plus